Important Announcement Regarding COVID-19
It is impossible to ignore the current world, national, local, and Church events and news. We want to communicate to you, our members, important information about Beehive Federal Credit Union and what we are doing to provide you access to your accounts and services. We also want you to be aware of steps we are taking to ensure that you and our employees are protected as much as possible from the COVID-19 virus.
- We are open for business as usual. We have no plans to close, change our hours, or limit access to your accounts or our services. A weekend plan to upgrade our computer system has been postponed to a later date to avoid any interruption to online services. There is no planned interruption to branch or online services. If you prefer to not visit our branches, we are prepared. For many years, we have developed services that allow you to conduct almost all banking transactions without coming into our branches. The nearest branch of Beehive is in the palm of your hand or on your desktop at home or work. Our contact center is also available to help you by phone.
- Beehive remains strong, stable, and secure. Our reserves today are larger than ever before. 2020 marks our 60th anniversary. We have weathered financial storms in the past, are well-prepared, and will succeed and serve for the next 60 years and beyond. The downturn in the stock market has very little bearing on our financial performance. Cash is available for member withdrawals. However, large cash withdrawal requests may require you to notify us in advance so we can order additional cash from the Federal Reserve.
- For the safety of our members and employees, we are taking the risks inherent with the COVID-19 virus seriously.
- All employees have and will use hand sanitizer at their stations.
- All workstations have disinfectant wipes and employees are instructed to clean their workstations regularly.
- All employees are required to wash their hands with soap and water prior to serving you.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our branches (including lobbies, door handles, bathrooms, etc.) and will continue to use disinfectant products.
- We ask that you refrain from shaking hands or close personal contact with our employees until the risk of this virus has passed.
- Finally, the Annual Meeting of Beehive Federal Credit Union scheduled for next Thursday, March 19th will not be held at Madison High School as previously announced. Instead, it will be live streamed online at 6:30 p.m. from our board room via Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. A link to the event will be on our website next week and a reminder will be emailed to you before the meeting. Those who have tickets will be contacted and a refund will be issued. Because many votes are cast at the annual meeting, the election for board members will be extended until the end of March. Access a ballot, candidate biographical information, and voting instructions or you may vote at any branch until March 31st.
Thank you for your membership in your member-owned cooperative and for your understanding of the important issues discussed above. We will continue to serve you without disruption.
Shane Berger, President/CEO