Who Can Join Beehive?
We frequently get asked who can join Beehive Federal Credit Union. Shane Berger, Beehive’s CEO, explains how credit unions server their members and define who is able to join.
Read the Message
- Hello. This is Shane Berger, CEO of Beehive Federal Credit Union. This is the 2nd in our series of monthly videos to give you helpful financial information in one minute or less.
At the end of the video, listen to find out how you can qualify to win a nice prize.
- “I didn’t know I could join Beehive” is a comment that we frequently hear.
- All credit unions are member-owned financial cooperatives with limited fields of membership. Every CU must serve a defined group and not everyone can join every credit union. Some have broad membership fields and almost anyone can join. Others, like Beehive are more traditional and serve a narrowly defined group.
- So, who can join Beehive?
- Beehive is authorized by the NCUA to serve members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints residing in Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Montana, and Wyoming and later, possibly other states. If you are a member of the church in those states, you can join. Your immediate family members can also join no matter where they live.
- So now you know who can join Beehive.
- If you share this video on social media, you will be entered in a drawing for an
Ogio backpack or duffel bag.
- Thanks for watching and look for our next video in February
Copyright © 2020 Beehive
Authorized by the National Credit Union Administration to serve members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the United States. We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act. This credit union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration. Your savings are federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. NMLS# 712470